Health & Safety Policy Declaration
Balta, a world leader in the manufacturing and sales of wall-to-wall carpet and area rugs, has included Health & Safety Management as a core value of its policy.
Safeguarding employees, visitors and external contractors against accidents and injuries is an essential part of our policy.
The management of Balta commits itself to:
- Meet all applicable legal requirements or other standards the company has subscribed to and that have an impact on Health & Safety risks of the company.
- Make continuous efforts to reduce the number of accidents and incidents.
This translates into the following policy elements:
- Senior management, all staff with managerial responsibilities and the delegates of the workforce are required to lead by example.
- The permanent analysis with execution of corresponding measures to reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- To provide instructions, training and information campaigns at all levels of the organisation.
- To continuously evaluate our performance by means of safety investigations and audits.
- To integrate Health & Safety aspects in all managerial and operational processes and flows.
The Health & Safety objectives have to be realised through maintenance and application of the Balta Safety System. The results on Health & Safety will be expressed in measurable indicators for close evaluation.
Everybody participates in this policy by strict adherence to the instructions and by his or her own individual safe behavior.