Addressing climate change
We have set out a series of goals that will help us focus on the reduction of our carbon footprint across all our activities and finished products:
• Increase the recycled content in raw materials
• Develop products that are easy to recycle
• Reduce water consumption 30% by 2030 (vs 2018)
• Lower overall CO2 emissions 30% by 2030 (vs 2018)
• 100% production waste recycling by 2030 (vs 2018)
• Traffic goods by alternatives to road
• Reduce waste and make waste recyclable
A 12-month strategic study in Belgium and Turkey to understand the capital investment needed to achieve our 2030 targets started in January 2020. It covers all products, processes and technologies. An additional study on the use of green energy is also ongoing, with Bentley already implementing improvements. As a business, these key objectives form the basis of our positive actions towards the environment as we work to become a more sustainable producer of floor coverings for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
As part of our sustainable mission to reduce the Life Cycle Impact of our products, our subsidiary modulyss decided to join Healthy Seas as an associate partner member. Healthy Seas was set up to protect our seas by diving for abandoned fishing nets that remain in the sea for centuries continuing to catch or injure marine life such as fish, dolphins, turtles and marine birds.